Hospitality House is a 20 year old organization that focuses on helping those most in need in our community. We operate a food pantry of choice, which means clients are able to choose the food that is best for their household.
Hospitality House is seeking two AmeriCorps VISTA’s to assist us in expanding out outreach of food resources directly to school districts in Oakland County. VISTA’s will build relationship with local districts to distribute food directly to those in need.
Member Duties : 1. Build relationships with two school districts in Oakland County. 2. Determine which campuses are in need of food assistance in coordination with School District Employees. 3. Assist the Executive Director in the raising of program funds, and the application of grants as relates to program activities. 4. Solicit feedback and program evaluation from families participating in the program. 5. Recruit and manage volunteers as it relates to program activities.
Program Benefits : Training , Living Allowance , Housing , Remote Work Computer , Relocation Allowance , Childcare assistance if eligible , Health Coverage* , Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend .
Permits attendance at school during off hours , Car recommended , Permits working at another job during off hours .
Team Work , Writing/Editing , Non-Profit Management , Recruitment , Communications , Fund raising/Grant Writing , Social Services .
Program Type: AmeriCorps VISTA
Program: Hospitality House Food Pantry
Program Start/End Date: 08/15/2022-08/14/2023
Work Schedule: Full Time
Age Requirement: Minimum: 18 Maximum: None
Program Locations: Commerce Twp, Michigan
To Apply: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=113282
Grant and Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Exempt Full Time
Work schedule: M-F 9:00am-5:00pm, flexible hybrid schedule, occasional weekends and evenings
This position will cultivate revenue-focused movement by inspiring new and current donors to help
the organization reach its fundraising objectives and mission. This individual will be supervised by the
Executive Director and will work closely with the Fundraising Committee of the Board. This individual
is also responsible for managing the life cycle of the grant development process. This includes
researching prospects, preparing grant proposals, identifying funding opportunities, writing grant
proposals, coordinating the submission of grant proposals from start to end, and tracking grant
reporting requirements and deadlines to ensure compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicates with staff regarding funding needs for each program
• Develop and implements a comprehensive written annual fund development plan
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with individual, corporate, and foundation donors
• Cultivate and maintain development functions including annual appeal mailings, gift
processing, and fundraising events
• Develops organizational materials for fundraising activities
• Acknowledges funds received appropriately and timely
• Creates organization donor newsletter and annual report
• Represent Hospitality House at community events and meetings
• Manage all information for donor management software
• Identify funding opportunities
• Prepare, write, and submit grants
• Track grant requirements and deadlines to ensure compliance
• Finalize and submit grant reports
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Commitment to Hospitality House and the organizations mission
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, non-profit management, public-relations,
or another related field is preferred
• 2-3 years of fundraising experience
• 2-3 years of grant writing
• Ability to write in a compelling, clear, concise manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong editing skills
• Sales and negotiation skills
• Excellent computer software/data management skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
• Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid time off, and 401k options
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org