News & Media
At Hospitality House the health and wellness of our clients, volunteer and staff is our #1 priority. As part of our ongoing commitment to providing a clean, safe, and welcoming environment, we have procedures in place to help protect against the spread of bacteria and germs.
With cold and flu season upon us and heightened awareness around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please know that we are closely monitoring the situation and will follow instructions and recommendations issued by public health authorities or government agencies as needed.
To minimize the risk of exposure during this challenging time and to safeguard our clients, volunteers and staff. The following action steps will be implemented effective Monday March 16th, 2020
- All clients will be serviced using a limited choice-drive through distribution method. Clients will be notified of changes in distribution over the next several days.
- HHFP will temporarily limit new intakes to those households whose residency is within the Walled Lake Consolidated School District and direct those who are outside of the district to food pantries closer to their place of residency. Existing clients who are outside the district will continue to receive services.
- HHFP strongly encourages clients who are ill to send a proxy in their stead.
- This action plan will be in place until May 1, 2020 and will be re-evaluated at that time.
- The Board will determine if any upcoming scheduled events during this time will continue.
- Staff and volunteers are encouraged to stay home if sick.
Our lobby will be closed to the general public during this time.
Things you can do to help us.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve or arm - not into your hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- For your well-being and the well-being of others, if you're sick please stay home and take care of yourself
We’re proud of our cleanliness standards and the proactive, preventative measures we take to protect against the spread of bacteria and germs. We will continue by providing to those who are food insecure. Thank you for your ongoing support and shared efforts to help keep our communities strong and healthy!
Executive Director Hospitality House
WLCSD students emphasize giving, not getting this holiday season
- Tue, 04/17/2018 - 3:15pm
- Tue, 03/20/2018 - 1:11pm